A similar post vanished into Ether-Ether Land, so once again it's a pleasure to announce that I'll have a story in the up-and-coming anthology Dreaming of Djinn ed. Liz Grzyb (from award winning Ticonderoga Publications). It's great to see that two of the three fellow Aurealis Award finalists in the Fantasy Short Story Category last year, Thoraiya Dyer (winner) and DC White, also have stories included ('The Queen' Margo Lanagan was the other finalist).
The cover art is a beautiful piece by Ukranian artist, Nadia Starovoytova.
It was a new and daunting (but ultimately rewarding) experience to purposefully write for an anthology.
Dreaming of Djinn should be out in April/May.
18 stories by:
- Marilag Angway "Shadow Dancer"
- Cherith Baldry "The Green Rose"
- Alan Baxter "On A Crooked Leg Lightly"
- Jenny Blackford "The Quiet Realm of the Dark Queen"
- Jetse de Vries "Djinni Djinni Dream Dream"
- Thoraiya Dyer "The Saint George Hotel"
- Joshua Gage "The Dancer of Smoke"
- Richard Harland "The Tale of the Arrow Girl"
- Faith Mudge "The Oblivion Box"
- Havva Murat "Harmony Thicket and the Persian Shoes"
- Charlotte Nash "Parvaz"
- Anthony Panegyres "Oleander: An Ottoman Tale"
- Dan Rabarts "Silver, Sharp as Silk"
- Angela Rega "The Belly Dancing Crimes of Ms Sahara Desserts"
- Jenny Schwartz "The Pearl Flower Harvest"
- Barb Siples "The Sultan's Debt"
- Pia Van Ravestein "Street Dancer"
- DC White "A Dash of Djinn and Tonic"
Just finished Homer & Langley by E.L. Doctorow and I'm currently reading The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern.