Books Bought Recently
I still buy books even though I do realise that I already have a depressingly insurmountable reading list. When choosing, I use a random number system on my 'want-to-read-list' to ensure that I read a variety of writers (terribly nerdy, I know).
Anyway the buys and reasons for them are as follows:
- The Last Werewolf by Glen Duncan. I heard him interviewed on the radio while driving to work. It sounded like a great read, plus a FB friend, Karen, recommended it.
- The Almost Moon by Alice Sebold. I enjoyed The Lovely Bones so what the Hell.
- The Bloody Chamber by Angela Carter. Sounds riveting and I have always been curious.
- Gentleman of the Road by Michael Chabon. I read Chabon's book about writing and reading so buying a novel by him that appealed to me seemed the next logical step.
- New Australian Stories 2 by Scribe Publications. Outside of the journals I subscribe to, I largely read writers from abroad. I've been thinking that I should read more from the local market. The guy working at the bookstore also had a story in the collection and I felt a sudden compulsion to support an emerging Perth writer.
Feel free to comment on any of the above books and what your recent buys (if any) are.