Monday, March 7, 2011

My favourite novellas

My Top Ten Novellas

 I don’t always have the time to engorge myself in a novel. Now and then, I enjoy its little sibling, the less committal novella.

This is my 'Top Ten Novella List' (some could be ‘novellettes’ but let’s not be too pedantic here) – all great reads. I’m interested to hear your thoughts or even find out what your list may be.

161 by Will Self
The Strange Case of Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde by Robert Louis Stevenson

The New Veterans Karen Russell                                                                   
Halfhead Bay Nam Le                                               
Memoirs of my Melancholy Whores by Gabriel Garcia Marquez
The Old Man and the Sea by Ernest Hemmingway
Breakfast at Tiffanys by Truman Capote
The Nonce Prize by Will Self
The Persistence of Vision by John Varley
The Diamond as Big as the Ritz by F. Scott Fitzgerald

2 comments:

  1. The Snow Goose by Paul Gallico
    Emoke by Josef Skvorecky

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read either, so that's two I'll add to my reading list.

    ReplyDelete